Orientation Advisor: (noun)
A student who guides and mentors first year students through Orientation
Abbreviated - OA
Plural - OAs
An OA is a:
- Student leader
- Friendly face
- Peer mentor
- Contact for community
- Role model
Benefits of Becoming an OA:
- Serve the Catholic University of America
- Build friendships
- Welcome new students
- Develop connections and skills
- Inspire others
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn how to work as a team
- Grow your confidence
Requirements of an OA:
- Undergraduate student
- Team player
- Open minded
- In good academic and judical standing with the University
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.25
Orientation Advisor Application Timeline (2019-2020)
- December 2: OA applications are available on the Nest
Visit the Orientation page on nest.catholic.edu to access the Orientation Advisor application for 2019
- February 7: New OA applications are due
Make sure to submit your application by 9 a.m. on Friday, February 7 in the Nest
- February 10-21: OA Interviews
Make sure to sign up for an interview in order to fulfill all of the requirements of your application.
- February 11 & 19: Group Processing
In addition to your interview, you must also attend ONE of group processing.
- February 28: OA Decisions are available in the Office of Campus Activities
You will receive an email letting you know when your decision is available.
- May 11-12: Spring Training
Two fun days of training before your summer starts!
- August 21-26: OA Training
Move in August 20 before starting six busy days of training!
- August 27-30: Orientation 2020